1 to 1 iPad Program
Students from Pre-Primary to Year 6 are invited to bring their own iPad to school every day.
The 1:1 iPad program is completely voluntary. Students who do not have their own device have some access to school iPads. These are used on a rotational basis between the Learning Areas and available as often as practical.
It is critical parents support their child’s learning by ensuring the iPad is sent to school each day, is fully charged, and has all the required apps installed with updates regularly maintained. We strongly recommend families join our Mobile Device Management program, for a small sum all required apps are provided. This process enables your child and the teacher to make the most use of the device both at school and at home.
Digital technologies are increasingly transforming the way we work, live, learn and play, offering new opportunities better tailoring educational choices, and unprecedented access to services and resources. Social media, online games, multimedia, cloud computing, interoperable systems and mobile learning have become a pervasive and necessary part of everyday life.
Mobile devices, such as iPads, and their associated apps can be used in educational settings as an annotation tool; to enable creation and composition; facilitate social networking; and provide rich tools to capture and edit video, audio and images. The portability, flexibility, and natural intuitive interfaces make tablets ideal devices for students to develop skills, such as creativity, innovation, communication and collaboration.
- iPads offer a huge range of learning experiences for your child through an ever-increasing selection of apps
- Children love to engage with iPad learning and when asked believe they learn better when using a device
- Teachers believe students engage better and are more motivated when doing iPad activities
- The iPad itself offers options for learning not previously available such as voice recorder and playback facilities which are helping improve the fluency of students reading
- By using an iPad and Airplay teachers can record and share a lesson with students which can, in turn, be played back numerous times to support learning
- iPads are mobile therefore learning is mobile and ongoing
- Apple provides possibly the most secure operating system on a mobile device
- The use and possibilities provided by an iPad are limited only by the users’ imagination
- Students use devices from an early age and by the time they are in school it is often second nature
- The iPad resonates with students and the growing mobile generation as they learn to work, share, create and communicate
- e-Learning is here to stay and as parents and educators, we must listen to students, who are telling us technology helps them achieve their academic outcomes.
Please see your child’s Learning Area teacher for the appropriate App List for your child’s iPad.